IT'S EASY AND A WIN, WIN FOR ALL!
Each participating organization "adopts" a precinct for the Election Cycle by recruiting and providing members of their organization that are registered to vote in Palm Beach County to serve as Poll Workers for each Election Day in 2020. The Supervisor of Elections (SOE) office will provide training, voting equipment, and all resources needed for a successful election.
The organization will identify a Coordinator who will serve as the liaison in charge of identifying at least eight (8) (actual number will be determined by the size of precinct) willing and able volunteers to work on each Election Day during the 2020 Election Cycle. The Coordinator will work closely with the Supervisor of Elections Adopt-A-Precinct Supervisor.
Groups may wear the adopting business or organizations' logo shirts on Election Day.
After the organization successfully completes their duties on Election Day, the SOE will write a check to your organization, association, or charitable institution rather than to the individual worker.
Organizations interested in adopting a precinct must be able to recruit at least eight (8) Poll Workers to work on Election Day.
Recruited Poll Workers must meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered or pre-registered to vote in Palm Beach County and must be able to read and write the English language as required by Florida Law (F.S. 102.012(2)).
- Must act in a non-partisan way while working at the polls - no reference may be made to support or oppose a candidate and/or issue.
- Workers should be able to move and/or lift voting equipment weighing up to 45 lbs. (a two person lift), be able to read a computer screen, and perform other clerical work.
- Worker must have the ability to interact with the public in a courteous, patient, and efficient manner.
- Election Day is approximately 14 hours long and workers must be able to sustain long periods of sitting and standing.
Poll Workers must complete a 1-hour online training course prior to working their first elections, and attend a 2-6 hour in-person training course prior to each Election.
If your organization is interested in adopting a precinct, please complete an interest form and a member of our Adopt-A-Precinct team will contact you.
We look forward to partnering with you so that your community service organization, club, or non-profit, can participate in the Adopt-A-Precinct program and become a Partner in Democracy!