Registered Voters as of 08/16/2019

Restoration of Civil Rights

Voter Restoration - Amendment 4

What is Amendment 4?

This amendment was passed by Florida voters on November 6, 2018.  The ballot summary stated, "This amendment restores the voting rights of Floridians with felony convictions after they complete all terms of their sentence, including parole or probation.  The amendment does not apply to those convicted of murder or felonly sexual offenses, who would continue to be permanently barred from voting unless the Governor and Cabinet vote to restore their voting rights on a case by case basis."

It is the voter's responsibility to confirm whether or not their voting rights have been automatically restored.  The following Florida agencies have resources to assist applicants in verifying sentencing obligations:


Florida Commission on Offender Review, Office of Executive Clemency

4070 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee FL 32399
Phone:  (850) 488-2952/Toll free:  (850) 435-8286
Fax:  (850) 488-0695

This information is confidential and will only be discussed with the individual directly affected.

The Florida Commission on Offender Review's Web site offers a Civil Rights Restoration Search for its database, so you can determine whether or not your rights have been restored.  Be sure to search under all variations of your name, including nicknames.


Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller (in the county where sentenced):
Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller Main Office

205 North Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach FL 33401
Phone: (561) 355-2996


Once voting rights have been restored, to register to vote in Florida, go to Online Voter Registration, fill out an application at any Supervisor of Elections offices or a public agency such as the Tax Collector's office, Public Library, Public Assistance Agency or Post Office. The applicant should receive a Voter Information Card within a few weeks of registering in the mail. If not received, please contact our office to ensure we have the correct address.